Director of Business Development - Specialty Pharmacy
As Director of Business Development, Specialty Pharmacy you will source and manage a pipeline of prospective specialty pharmacy partners. You will develop a go-to-market strategy for early stage offerings, and add significant input on new product offerings, grounded with a vision for long-term value for the ZappRx. Leveraging your existing market contacts, you will expand ZappRx’s early adopter Specialty Pharmacy partnerships to a broad network of specialty pharmacies benefiting from participating in our Platform. You will inform our Product Development team on market-based feedback and help to develop new offerings based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You have a demonstrated ability for both business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and a track record of making that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions for the specialty medication market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company, effectively communicating clinical concepts and workflows to non-clinical team members. You will work with Growth Team leadership to define the go-to-market strategy, helping define the product positioning, key benefits, and target partners. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for the ZappRx Specialty Pharmacy offering.
- Identify and manage a specialty pharmacy pipeline to meet or exceed assigned quota, including developing sales and pricing strategy
- Develop and implement go-to-market plan, working across ZappRx departments to execute. Precedent examples of having developed and implemented new business strategies, driving impactful results according to plan
- Assists with new marketing strategies by supporting value proposition and product development for ZappRx’s Specialty Pharmacy offering
- Partners with marketing team to develop sales materials, exhibit strategy and planning
- Serve as a trusted partner to understand the client’s business strategy, challenges and opportunities; position ZappRx’s suite of solutions within the account to drive meaningful value for all stakeholders
- Overcome objections, effectively analyze problems, determine appropriate action for solutions, and exhibit timely and decisive actions
- Exhibit a strong understanding of ZappRx’s products and business model internally and externally
- Provide a professional level of client service, account management and industry business acumen
- Enhance selling efforts by understanding competitor products’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats s
- Effectively present software solutions (via web presentation & face to face meetings), review contracts, and close sales
- 7+ years of sales experience in the specialty medication market, with strong industry relationships.
- Track record of specialty pharmacy sales meeting or exceeding goals/quotas
- Demonstrated experience selling new products or in a start-up environment
- Expertise in the specialty medication prescribing process from the standpoint of various market stakeholders- pharmaceutical companies (including contracted hub services), specialty pharmacies, health plans/PBMs, providers and consumers/patients. Expertise in the Prior Authorization, Benefits Investigation and Verification, and communication between stakeholders’ processes preferred.
- Holds existing market contacts and understanding of selling into Specialty Pharmacy market
- Clinical degree or work experience a plus (ex/ RPh, PharmD, RN)
- This position requires domestic travel
- Possess high-energy, team first positive attitude and be motivated to work in a fast-paced, small company environment